Director of Marketing
May 2017 to present
Isolite Systems is a U.S. registered medical device manufacturer that specializes in dentistry. They manufacture and actively sell three award-winning solutions for minimally invasive, easy-to-use dental isolation and control of the oral environment worldwide.
I was brought on board to bring modern marketing and data-driven, SAAS-based marketing techniques to impact a meaningful to the company's marketing approach to accelerate growth.
Director of Marketing
October 2015 to May 2017
PicMonkey makes creative tools for photo editing and graphic design. I lead a seven person team to accomplish growth initiatives for international markets, mobile apps, SEO, PPC, social media, email and conversion optimization.
- During my leadership, I’ve delivered meaningful improvements across organic traffic (+13%), paid search (+18%), social media (+8%) and email (+20%) channels
- Leads have increased 7% through conversion optimization and landing page testing
- Our app has surpassed 1.25M downloads in less than six months through our go-to-market strategy
Manager Lifecycle Marketing
Lynda.com / LinkedIn
November 2012 to September 2015
Lynda.com is the leading online education platform. I was recruited to build their first Content Marketing program. Through demonstrated leadership & results, my role expanded to direct social media, SEO and B2B lead gen.
- Established the first data-driven content marketing strategy for lynda.com
- Drove the overall SEO strategy that increased organic traffic by 37%
- Grew consumer and enterprise leads across 12 product categories by 17%
Freelance Marketing Consultant
April 2012 to November 2012
Advised multiple tech companies on marketing strategy and product rollout plans. Projects included GTM plans, market sizing, messaging, campaign development, email strategy, SEO optimization, conversion optimization.
- Performed market sizing, competitive & pricing analysis for multiple clients
- Developed social media strategy for on line education provider
- Guided the development and launch of a content marketing strategy for Wacom
Vice President of Marketing
June 2005 to March 2012
onOne builds software tools for photographers. As the first employee at this startup, I set and led the marketing strategy and product roadmap that has enabled the company to continue to thrive for over 12 years.
- Exceeded quarterly revenue targets for 17 consecutive quarters
- Led the product management team to ship 26 products
- Defined product strategy & road map that grew revenue 12x over seven years
Director of Marketing
December 2003 to June 2005
You Software developed utilities for Mac and Windows users. I developed the marketing strategy that included product launches, product roadmap and messaging, press tours, trade shows, advertising and email marketing.
Product Marketing Manager
October 1999 to December 2003
Extensis makes software tools for graphic designers. I started as a Program Manager and was promoted to Product Marketing Manager to manage the product roadmap for the company’s highest grossing product line.
Made the jump from Durable Goods to Digital to follow my passion for all things tech and computer-related. I cut my teeth as a Program Manager, serving as the bridge between engineering and marketing, taking marketing's product requirements and writing functional specifications for the software engineers.
I was promoted to Product Marketing Manager and lead customer research to plan the product road map for the company’s highest grossing product line.
Analyst, Factory Manager, Developer
March 1995 to October 1999
At Nike, I made sure people got the shoes they wanted, when they wanted them. My path started in Inventory Control before being promoted to manage three footwear production factories outside of Jakarta, Indonesia. I spent two years in Indonesia and then moved to Thailand. After 12 months in Bangkok, Thailand as a Footwear Developer, I moved back to Oregon to continue working as a Developer at Nike Headquarters.
Municipal Finance Analyst
U.S. National Bank
March 1991 to March 1995
Performed research and analysis for the structuring of municipal debt programs for state and local government departments. Managed highly detailed projects that required 100% accuracy.